A pebble simply crashes against the windshield, followed immediately by the unmistakable snap of broken glass. Time to find a reliable and trustworthy professional to repair one of the most important safety features of a vehicle.
This technique plays a fundamental role in windshield repair, but mediocre tools prevent it, even with the most qualified workers. Pace said, there is no standard in the industry for the equipment, so it urges drivers to ask if they use patented tools and resins.
“A patent shows whether things really work – any claim or warranty made has to be respected,” he said. “Patented materials are like those vitamins that are not put to the test. They can make all kinds of wild claims about their product because they are not responsible. ”
The patent question only applies to windshield repairs, as an unbreakable windshield does not exist. However, drivers should employ someone who uses top quality materials.
Also Pace said, “They should only use glass that is subject to the same norms and tests of the original.”
Pace offered the following tips for finding a reputable service for windshield repair and why a damaged window should not be ignored:
- Doing the right vs. do it fast? Drilling should also be a last resort when repairing a windshield is about. A drill technician first may worry more about getting to the next task than focusing on his own.
- More than one pane of glass. Reports of windshields show that at least one-third is the structural support of the vehicle, and that the figure breaks quickly during a collision. Windshields account for about 45 percent structural support during a head-on accident and up to 60 percent in the event of a rollover.
- When you have those cracks or splinters, it is recommended to fix them right away. Even a small splinter can reduce the structural integrity of the windshield.
- Check with your insurance company about repair without cost. Because it is fast and relatively inexpensive, Insurance Companies often waive the deductible for windshield repair.
- Verify the job: After the installation program is finished, check if there are signs that the request was successful. Make sure the molding is correct and there is no sign of adhesives or resins.
- The Standby Kit: Adhesives to put a windshield takes a few hours to dry.
- What’s being said on the street: Ask for referrals or see a customer feedback site.